With more than 200 years of combined experience, our key personnel bring extensive knowledge to every project. We are forward-thinking, utilizing technology to our clients' advantage.
Oil and Gas
LW Survey Australia is currently seeking an experienced Geospatial Officer with demonstrated experience in a broad variety of drafting duties utilising AutoCAD and GIS platforms. The Geospatial Officer should possess the skills, experience, and knowledge to support the Data Operations team. This position reports directly to the Survey Manager and will assist other positions as needed. The purpose of this position is to manipulate data from the field crew operations into deliverables for the client and other company requirements. This vital role is important in ensuring the data is complete and accurate throughout the lifespan of various projects, and is a key member of our team.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
· Manipulate raw data files collected from field survey operations for a variety of purposes
· Create maps
· Customize Geographic Information Systems (GIS) applications
· Create and deliver as-built data load tables and alignment sheets
· Provide team support for the Operations department
· Provide overall project support, create drawings, and redline drafting for project deadlines
· Design exhibits, typicals, alignment sheets, and permit drawings
· Work with the Survey Manager to develop and improve drawing standards for different project needs
· Work with the Survey Manager to develop deliverable standards for different project needs
· QA/QC of exhibits, typicals, alignment sheets, and permit drawings
Timely updates of assets on maps and plans in the GIS, CAD and other Business Systems.
Management of the GIS and CAD applications including performance, version and change management, data maintenance, training and quality output of maps and plans.
· Proven experience and ability to effectively manage staff to enable the satisfactory and timely delivery of spatial services and products to the business.
· GIS database development and maintenance
· Experience with ESRI’s ArcGIS software suite and extension
· Experience with AutoCAD Map 3D and Google Earth
· Understanding of a projection coordinate system and assigning a coordinate system to a dataset
· Understanding of data conversion (.shp, .kmz, .csv, .xml, .mbd, .xls)
· Understanding of survey points, object data, and pipeline data flow
· Understanding of Aerial imagery
· Bachelor or Associate degree in Spatial Science, Computer Science, or related field
· Minimum of three years practical experience working with AutoCad & GIS data
· Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures for the oil and gas industry
· Experience with linear utilities and alignment sheets
A strong understanding of the development and maintenance of quality systems including procedures, work instructions and standards associated with GIS and CAD applications.
IN RETURN WE OFFER:
Competitive salary package
An opportunity to join a diverse and inclusive leading edge international business
Great systems, procedures, equipment and people
As an employer who embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity, we encourage men and women of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians, to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. For more information and to apply, please CV and cover letter to HR@Pulsarobi.com
LW Survey Company was established and incorporated in 1998 in Illinois, United States by Les Welch. The company has since developed systems, processes and methods of managing data through the “full data lifecycle” for more than 11,000 kilometres of cross country pipelines. Since that time, LW Survey Company has grown to include 10 offices in the United States as well as an increasing presence in Canada, Russia and South Korea, and now in Australia. Our Australian team has extensive knowledge and ample years of experience in cadastral surveying, land development, engineering, route design, GPS surveys, UAV surveys, right of way acquisition, expert witness, land surveying, hydrographic surveying, seismic surveying, document and contract procurement, drafting and mapping applications, around the globe.