With more than 200 years of combined experience, our key personnel bring extensive knowledge to every project. We are forward-thinking, utilizing technology to our clients' advantage.
Oil and Gas
LW Survey Australia is currently seeking an experienced Land Surveyor with a demonstrated commitment to safety, and experience in a similar role within the remote surveying industry. The Surveyor should possess the skills, experience, and knowledge to support all aspects of project assignments. This position reports directly to the Survey Manager and will assist other positions as needed.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE:
· Responsible for all aspects of project assignments
· Meets project expectations including milestones
· Responsible for technical accuracy
· Performs Preliminary, Construction Stakeout and As-Built surveys
· Maintain systematic, orderly, communication with crew members during Data Collection to ensure Electronic and Written Records consistently match.
· Uses survey equipment such as, Survey Grade GPS and Mapping Grade GPS, Total Stations, Data Collection, etc.
· Transmit data and communicate with office personnel, contractors, and outside consultants
· Ability to train and supervise Survey Technicians and Chainman as required
· Maintain quality field notes to company standards
· Experience with Trimble Data Collection Software
· Care for and maintain field surveying equipment
· Driving light duty pickup truck in extreme weather conditions (if applicable)
· Walk long distances over uneven terrain carrying equipment weighing up to 20 Kg
· Lift and carry tools and equipment from vehicle to the job
· Able to conduct physical tasks in extreme heat or cold conditions outdoors
· Become familiar with your worker rights and responsibilities
· Participate in safety meetings
· Assist in the development of safe work procedures
· Assist in the development of Job Hazard Analysis
· Conduct written daily pre-job risk assessments prior to the start of any tasks
· Conduct daily vehicle inspections to include a 360 walk-around to check vehicle and surrounding area for hazards
· Report any hazards or unsafe conditions to your supervisor immediately
· Participate in incident investigations as requested
· Pause or stop the job to address any safety or environmental concerns you may have and consult your supervisor
· Mentor new hires or team members new to the job site to help them succeed
· Degree or Diploma in Surveying
· Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in surveying
· Ability to work in the field, in all weather conditions
· Ability to multitask, work without supervision, and work effectively with project teams
· Oral and written communication skills
· Computer literacy (email, data downloads, timesheets, Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat)
· Valid driver’s license and reliable work vehicle
· Ability to travel
· Ability to successfully pass alcohol/drug screening
IN RETURN WE OFFER:
Lifestyle Roster 14/14
An opportunity to join a diverse and inclusive leading edge business
Great systems, procedures, equipment and people
As an employer who embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity, we encourage men and women of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians, to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. For more information and to apply, please CV and cover letter to HR@Pulsarobi.com
LW Survey Company was established and incorporated in 1998 in Illinois, United States by Les Welch. The company has since developed systems, processes and methods of managing data through the “full data lifecycle” for more than 11,000 kilometres of cross country pipelines. Since that time, LW Survey Company has grown to include 10 offices in the United States as well as an increasing presence in Canada, Russia and South Korea, and now in Australia. Our Australian team has extensive knowledge and ample years of experience in cadastral surveying, land development, engineering, route design, GPS surveys, UAV surveys, right of way acquisition, expert witness, land surveying, hydrographic surveying, seismic surveying, document and contract procurement, drafting and mapping applications, around the globe.