With more than 200 years of combined experience, our key personnel bring extensive knowledge to every project. We are forward-thinking, utilizing technology to our clients' advantage.
The Data Technician should possess the skills, experience, and knowledge to support the Data Operations team. This position reports directly to the Data Project Manager and will assist other positions as needed. The purpose of this position is to manipulate data from the field crew operations into deliverables for the client and other company requirements. This vital role is important in ensuring the data is complete and accurate throughout the lifespan of various projects, and is a key member of our team.
If you have an interest in this critical position with a firm that values your input and contributions, please respond by emailing your resume and references to HR@Pulsarobi.com.
· Manipulate raw data files collected from field survey operations for a variety of purposes
· Create maps
· Customize Geographic Information Systems (GIS) applications
· Create and deliver as-built data load tables and alignment sheets
· Provide team support for the Data Operations department
· Attention to detail
· GIS database development and maintenance
· Experience with ESRI’s ArcGIS software suite and extension
· Experience with AutoCAD Map 3D and Google Earth
· Understanding of a projection coordinate system and assigning a coordinate system to a dataset
· Understanding of data conversion (.shp, .kmz, .csv, .xml, .mbd, .xls)
· Understanding of survey points, object data, and pipeline data flow
· Understanding of Aerial imagery
· Experience using Microsoft Access Database (creating and using queries)
· Experience using Microsoft Excel (creating and using formulas, data manipulation, QA/QC)
· Bachelor or Associate degree in Geography, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
· Minimum of one year practical experience working with GIS data
· Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures for the oil and gas industry
· Experience with linear utilities and alignment sheets
· Bluesky / Skyline knowledge a plus